If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever. Winnie the Pooh

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Family

Dear Mom,

We're separated by thousands of miles and yet you are here in our hearts forever.  It wasn't until I became a mom that I realized just how difficult your job was.  You had to watch us grow up, make mistakes and leave your arms.  Letting us go must have been the hardest thing you had to do.  I don't look forward to that day with my own three Lovlies.  You did it with such grace: a warm hug, tear filled eyes and a promise we'd see each other again.

Mom, all the strengths I have as a mother are because of you.   Family First. Family Always.  My children are being taught the importance of Family because it is what you taught me.  They are happy children.  They love fiercely, they fight with each other, they give out hugs easily, they protect and annoy each other.  They remind me of my relationship growing up with Jaimie, Billy, Philip and Zachary.  All because of you.  And the day they decide to leave Home, I hope I am as strong as you were.   I hope to let them go, with quiet tears, a smile and a promise that we will see each other again.

Happy Mother's Day to you.  I miss you and of course, we'll see each other soon.

Love,
Nicole



                                        
                                              So proud of you, Mom. Gen the R.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment